POPULAR is designed to evaluate the effects of management of neuromuscular blockade on post-operative pulmonary complications in a population receiving general anaesthesia across Europe.
- All patients undergoing any in-hospital surgical procedure under general or regional anaesthesia during a pre-defined and continuous 14-day period of recruitment (to be chosen by each site as of Spring 2014).
- < 18 years
- Operated outside the operating room
- Operated in outpatient /day care (discharge within 12 hours)
- With preoperatively intubated trachea
- From an intensive care unit
- Not extubated within 6 hours after end of surgery
- Having a second surgery 7 days before or after